Monday, February 21, 2011

We all live in a Yellow Submarine.

Today God flooded the earth.

He saved only a pair of each animal along with a farmer named Noah, his wife, his three sons, and their wives.

God chose them because they lived righteously.
He chose this family to basically re-populate the world.
No pressure, right?
Could you imagine.
Lets say ladies, that you are the wife of one of Noah's sons.
Lets go with Ham. You are Ham's wife and he comes to you and says; "Hey, so God told Dad to build this ship and yeah, babe, I know we live in the middle of the desert, but he says a flood is coming and we need to live on this boat to survive. Oh and there are going to be animals that are going to poop everywhere with us. And, I don't really know how long we are going to be on this thing."

I would have freaked!
I don't' know if I could have been on that boat with all these animals for that long. the Bible says the flood took over for 150 days!

But what an honor is would have been for God to think this family righteous enough to populate the entire world.
Kinda puts living with stinky animals in perspective.

Chapter 9 ends with Noah getting drunk and putting a curse on his grandson. Guess that goes to show that no one is perfect. So I am kinda interested to see where this goes. I think I remember something about this, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Tomorrow Genesis 10-12

No comments:

Post a Comment